Staying healthy during pregnancy is so vital to both the mom and the baby. Study important health tips for pregnant women here.
Let’s come to aware of some important and useful health tips for pregnant women who are soon going to have babies.
When a married woman comes to know she is pregnant and going to become a mother very soon she has no limit on her happiness.
She feels very excited and wants to share her excitement with her family members as well as with others.
The woman should understand that the 9 months journey of pregnancy has already been started and from that period she has to become more conscious about her surroundings to take special care of her health.
She becomes ready to enjoy the special moments of this journey and needs also special care from her loving ones.
During this pregnancy period, she needs supervision under the perfect guidance and keeps herself calm and tension free for problem-free pregnancy.
So, in this article, I have described how you become fit mentally and physically during this period and take care of yourself and your baby.
1. Some Important Pregnancy Tips
1.1. When you come to know that you are pregnant?
The first symptom is that the miss of your regular menstruation period. When you feel the same thing has happened to you, then you may conceive.
Immediately you can take a pregnancy test with a pregnancy kit that is easily available in the market or consult with a doctor.
Also, by doing an ultrasound test after consultation with a doctor to make sure that you are pregnant. Despite this, there are many symptoms to help you to know about your conceive.
1.2. What are the stages of the Pregnancy Period?
When you are going to become pregnant, so many questions come to your mind like:
- What will happen after pregnancy?
- How will things go perfectly?
- How to keep yourself healthy? So that your baby can be healthy after birth
- What works should do or not do during this period etc.
Generally, you should know that taking care of a pregnant woman means aware of her food, medicines, exercises, sleeping, health, atmosphere, and also her activities.
The pregnancy process takes 9 months to develop a baby in a mother’s womb. It covers three early stages such as:
- First Trimester (Week 1 – 12)
- Second Trimester (Week 13 – 28)
- Third Trimester (Week 29 – 40)
Let’s go through in details for better understanding:
1.3. First Trimester (Week 1 – 12)
The first three months of this period are very important for special care because during these 12 weeks a baby’s structure starts to develop.
So you feel that your body undergoes many changes. During 1 to 2 weeks, a baby seems like a dot in the fetus. You can feel many changes like:
- Hormonal changes
- A headache in many times
- Constipation problem
- Too much tiredness
- Weight gain or loss
- Blood Pressure up and down
- Morning sickness
- Feel Vomiting
- Your nipples might also stick out
- Mood changes
As you feel these changes occur in your day-to-day life you should make a plan or routine. This is very important for your health.
1.4. Second Trimester (Week 13 – 28)
During the second trimester, you feel that the organs of your baby are developing and he or she is moving inside your womb.
You should also stay aware during this second trimester. Your abdomen expands as your baby continues to grow.
Your body also changes as follows:
- Itching in every part of your body
- stretch marks on your abdomen
- darkening of your skin around your nipples
- Swelling of the ankles, fingers
- Body aches
1.5. Third Trimester (Week 29 – 40)
During this third trimester, you feel that your baby is almost ready to come out. So you feel nervous and you might notice some changes in your body.
Some women have gone to the bathroom more often
- Difficult for taking breath than normal
- Trouble in sleeping
- Hair fall
- The leak of pre-milk from nipples
Women are feeling very nervous during the pregnancy period; especially women who are going to become the mother the first time.
But no need to worry, obviously you can boost your chances of having a problem-free pregnancy and a healthy baby following the health tips and guidelines.
2. Top Health Tips for Pregnant Women
2.1. Take healthy foods during pregnancy
After becoming pregnant obviously, the question comes to your mind that what foods are good for your health and your baby or what foods should not eat during this period.
You can take advice from your doctor and ask him/her for a diet chart.
You should take healthy foods full of protein and fiber for you and your baby’s health because what you take in your daily meal your baby’s body structure develops as per your intake.
Now you eat for two people i.e you and your baby. You need to gain more calories. Never stay hungry during this period. As much as you keep strong and healthy yourself your baby will also be born healthy.
- It is very helpful for every pregnant woman if they make a routine for her daily meal that what should eat or not. It’s good to plan for diet but make sure not diet too much which can dangerous for your health.
- Don’t take too many spicy foods, alcohol in your drinks, chocolates, and some specific foods which are not suitable for your health.
2.2. Get a healthcare consultation
During this period you should have a prenatal healthcare consultant to ensure that you and your baby are healthy during this period.
Prenatal healthcare consultation includes time to time checkup with a doctor.
That means how to take care of yourself and your baby in your womb you should learn from him/her and check the development and growth of your baby.
2.3. Regular Exercise
There are so many exercises that you can do while you are pregnant and it is recommended to do.
Exercise helps to stay healthy and feel your best. Regular exercise during pregnancy can improve your posture decrease some common discomforts such as back pain, joint pain, etc.
Among all the exercises the best exercise is walking.
- At least 30 minutes walk a day is recommended for every pregnant woman. Walking is an exercise that helps to promote blood circulation.
- During this exercise, every organ of your body part work.
- Regular exercise also helps to have a better and normal delivery.
2.4. Keep hydrated always
Staying hydrated during pregnancy is a very important health tip for pregnant women. Drinking more water at this time is very necessary as you keep your body hydrated.
Hydration helps your baby continue to grow healthy and strong. It’s quite uneasy to drink more water initially but gradually you should make it a habit.
With a large body and a baby is growing inside you, you have to make sure that you are drinking adequate water than you normally do.
Minimum 10 to 12 glasses in a day you need to drink water for better health.
Water helps you to absorb nutrients and carry them to your baby through blood cells.
If you don’t drink more water your baby doesn’t get sufficient nutrients.
- Not only water but other liquid items like vegetable soup, fruit juices, milk, watermelon you can take to keep your body hydrated.
- For making sure that how much water you drink in a day you can try a water bottle.
- Don’t drink too much coffee or tea during this period. These can harm your baby.
2.5. Always think good things
So many pregnant women worry about their health and many more frustrating things during pregnancy.
But they don’t know how these frustrations directly affect your growing fetus.
You should try to always stay happy and tension free while you are pregnant.
Positive thinking is the main source to keep you healthy always.
- Excessive worrying and negative feelings make you very weak both physically and mentally which can cause your baby in a danger zone.
- Always try to ditch the negative thinking and adopt the positive feelings which make you happy.
2.6. Always stay happy
Pregnancy is very special to you. So definitely you don’t miss the chance to feel these special moments to keep in mind the worst things.
You should avoid depression and anxiety during the pregnancy period and always try to maintain happiness which lies in your hand and always within your own self.
As much as you stay happy your baby can grow in your womb healthy and well, you must realize and feel that.
- Think when you will have a baby and you prepare yourself to take care to protect from him/her any problem.
- Think you take your baby in your arm and close him/her with your chest, how that moment will be special and beautiful.
- Just think and imagine and you obviously feel extreme happiness and excitement in your heart.
2.7. Change your lifestyle
After becoming pregnant you will find a new turn in your life. You are going to start a new life with your baby.
So have to change your lifestyle for your baby. If you have any bad habits you try to get rid of them like drinking alcohol, smoking, etc.
You should prepare yourself for making your lifestyle better.
- Drinking alcohol and taking tobacco or smoking have a serious negative impact on your baby’s growth and development during this pregnancy period.
2.8. Yoga and Meditation
Yoga and Meditation are also the best health tips for pregnant women and during this period it is essential to do them every day.
By doing yoga and meditation you will begin to feel inner peace, happy, strong and you can stay away from any tension. You can get rid of so many diseases by doing yoga also.
- Try to spend at least 30 minutes every day doing yoga and meditation. You will feel very relax in your body and your mind also.
- Yoga helps to give strength to your body and meditation keeps your mind calm.
2.9. Proper rest
Normally during this period, your body gets tired when you do any work.
In a day you have to do so many works like your office work if you are in a profession or at your home.
Generally, the doctor advises at this time that doing work is very necessary for physical exercise.
But with this, proper rest is also necessary. You will need more sleep and rest.
- It is better if you plan your snooze time just like you do your meals or do any works.
- If you take proper rest your body gets enough energy to nourish and it protects and supports your growing baby in your womb.
2.10. Sex during pregnancy
Normally pregnant women think that sex during pregnancy may harm their baby in their womb.
But, it’s frequently said no, there is no problem if you want to do sex while you are pregnant.
But you have to skip your sex positions during this period and can do sex as you feel better.
One thing to keep in your mind that makes sure you don’t have any complicacy or if you have must consult with your doctor.
Actually, during sex, you enjoy it a lot which makes you happy and this is necessary.
Every pregnant woman wants to have a better delivery and a healthy baby. Her life is changed when her wish to become a mother is fulfilled.
She eagerly waits when this time will come and she will hold her baby in her arms.
So, she wants to give birth to her baby without taking any pressure and any tension. By following all of the guidelines surely you will find a way to keep yourself ready for better delivery.
Always one thing keeps in your mind that your baby is very precious for you. If you live happy and flexible no doubt your baby will bear healthy.